Friday, September 2, 2011

Fun Friendly Phobic Fact Friday!

Do you have a bath pouf or loofah? You do? OK you are not my friend anymore. Sorry about that but I think it's for the best.




Lab results find that bath poufs and sponges contain several different organisms: acinetobacter, which can cause wound infections, boils, and conjunctivitis; P. aeruginosa, which causes a variety of infections such as folliculitis (and which grows exponentially in 24 hours when exposed to a loofah); various molds; and yeast, the most common form of which is Candida. Candida can cause rashes around the mouth called perleche, as well as other various rashes and infections.

Your body pouf loooooves the heat, the moisture, and the dead skin cells you give it daily. Mmm, munch munch munching on your dead flesh, zombielike.



Be sure to replace your body poufs regularly! Or, to clean them, soak them in a bleach/water mixture on the regular. They can also be tossed in with your laundry on hot. (But please see last week's Fun Friendly Fact regarding the horrors of wet laundry!)

Or, just get rid of that nasty pouf altogether.










6 comments:

  1. Ah, a fellow victim of OCD! Greetings--I actually have nightmares about people who use kitchen sponges!

    Found your blog at the Finding New Friends hop, and I'm glad I did--very funny! I'm now a loyal follower!

    Hope you can return the love--just please wash your hands first.

    www.thenotsospecialmother.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you. :)

    Ohhh, kitchen sponges....*hurls* I mean, that damp nasty stink itself should give it away that those are NOT TO BE USED to clean dishes or wipe counters.

    Just washed my hands and added ya back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwwwwww!! Thanks for sharing this!! Glad I've never used a bath pouf or sponge!!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewww! Thanks for the info. I'll have to re-shower now..... I'm a new follower from the hop.
    http://www.kristy-s-place.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This information is very helpful me. I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website. Keep up the wonderful work and if you want more info about this topic then visit here.

    ReplyDelete