Saturday, September 3, 2011

Threat Level: Midnight




Nah, I'm not really sorry. And my opinions on the Hygiene Hypothesis remain the same. But I do have to report in:

MY KID GOT SICK.

She has spent one day in preschool in her entire life, and she is now sick. Sneezing and stuffy. Awesome.

But I don't believe it's because she's a Bubble Kid. Since after all, even non-Bubble-Kids like Dar's get sick their first day, which has been a recent topic of discussion. :(

I guess it's just as a person who does not have OCD recently wrote: "Schools are a cesspool of germ, disease and horror. And that's just the staff room. Throw kids into the mix and you might as well just wrap yourself up in a bubble and stay home."

But fuck, man. Really? The first day? Now I know just how Darlena felt, except hers was Times Two.

(Also; I'm sure, positively sure, that no one out there is thinking, "Serves her right for being such a germ-freak," right? Right? Because it's my kid who's suffering. So this doesn't "serve anyone right." But I'm sure none of you would be so cruel as to think that.)

So now all I can do is pray to the Patron Saint of Five Month Olds and ask for mercy that Naomi not get sick.   :/



Panic Threat Level: Red.




Who am I kidding. Make that, Threat Level: Midnight.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, boo! So sorry poor Maya is sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, no shit. My little angel started school on 8-18, had the sniffles the first week, and I'm just now getting over a massive head cold and my son (who is homeschooled) is getting it. Yippee. I mean, we go to the store, we go to the park, we visit family, and yet we manage to not get sick. Then ONE WEEK in school and everyone in the house is officially contagious? Damn damn double damn.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it ridiculous? Bubble kids and non-bubble-kids alike...WHAM. SICK. Effin preschool, man. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that it's not the reason you wrote this post but Strachan's hygiene hypothesis was based on data that related hayfever and eczema to the number of older siblings a child had. The data suggested that high number of older siblings was associated with lower prevalence of hayfever and eczema.
    People have tried to take this idea further but the above is what the hygiene hypothesis is really about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you DR BLESSING for your genuine and powerful love spells. I'm Lilian by name. From California This is really incredible, and I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life. Before i met you Sir, i have tried every probable means that i could to get my husband back, but i actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and that my husband had developed lot of hatred for me.. I thought there was no hope to reunite with my husband. But when i read good reviews about how DR BLESSING helped others, I decided to Email him at blessingspiritualtemple@gmail.com to give it a try and i did everything that he instructed me and i Trusted in him and followed his instructions just as he have guaranteed me in 24 hours, and that was exactly when my husband called me..Sir We are more contented now than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much Sir for your authentic and indisputable spells. here again his
    contact details you too can be blessed with his work
    Email; blessingspiritualtemple@gmail.com

    Thanks Sir for your help.

    ReplyDelete