Monday, September 10, 2012

This Could Be All About Just Letting Go.

So my firstborn went back to school today. Pre-K, my big girl. I am feeling proud, sad, scared, happy, delighted, nervous, horrified, sick to my stomach, overwhelmed, sad, happy, and excited. I'm OCDing it to the max right now but trying to enjoy the fact that my baby is going to have a wonderfully fun experience.


Also. Sometimes a song just grabs you. This is what I heard on the radio as I was sitting here panicking about letting my baby go to school and not knowing how to deal with the accompanying anxiety and terror. I think it's about letting go, and holding on, but I need to know when to let go and when to hold on.





Well, this could be all about just letting go 
Or this could be all about just holding on 

I can't get my feet off of the ground 
I wanna run but I don't know how 
Can You reach down here and pull me out 
Can You pull me out?  

I wanna scream but there's no sound 
I wanna fly to You somehow 
Can You reach me here and pull me out 
Can You pull me out? 

And now I feel like I'm treading water 
And I'm hardly real, I'm just trying harder 
To make my way on the earth by standing still 

Well, this could be all about just letting go 
Or this could be all about just holding on 

I can't get my feet off of the ground 
I wanna run but I don't know how 
Can You reach down here and pull me out 
Can You pull me out? 

I wanna scream but there's no sound 
I wanna fly to You somehow 
Can You reach me here and pull me out 
Can You pull me out? 

Not a moment too soon, You will be my rescue 
But tell me how long will it take? 

I can't get my feet off of the ground 
I wanna run but I don't know how 
Can You reach me here and pull me out 
Can You pull me out? 

---


To lighten the mood of this post: Here is my usually-gorgeous child, posing less-than-gorgeously for her first-day-of-school photo:


What would you call this look? Nonchalant? Unimpressed? Stroke victim? Completely nonplussed? Meh? 

Anyway. Sniff. My kid is a school-kid again.

Bring on the rhinovirus, bitches.


6 comments:

  1. lol! i love her crookedy little mouth here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to have so much fun in school this will be great for you and her....And her look says unimpressed I love the pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!

    I think I agree - she looks completely unimpressed with this whole "pre-K" thing. :)

    I went to BlogHer '12 this year and one of the people they had in the convention center was a product called Halo. http://halogermdefense.com/how-it-works.html

    I really think you should give it a try. I think it could at least set your mind at ease (a little) if you know that you're doing as much as you can to protect your kids against germs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that Halo stuff sounds fascinating. Thanks!

      Delete